Tuesday 1 October 2013

BATTLEFIELD 4 BETA: BENCHMARKING PREVIEW

Hey there all. Everybody's anticipating the launch of Battlefield 4. So I'm not sure whether NDA has allowed to post any benchmarks of Battlefield 4 yet. However what I'll do is my own benchmarking because when the requirements first came out, especially for the high Spec setting, it irks me a bit somehow. AMD's graphics will seem to work better since AMD and Frostbite worked together on the graphics Engine.

But then again though, nVidia just released the Beta 331.40 Driver just for this game.
OK. The basic system requirements are as follows:

Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo or Athlon
4GB RAM
30GB Hard Disk Space
nVidia GeForce 8800GT or a ATI Radeon 3870 with 512 MB VRAM
DirectX 10 SoundCard
Broadband for Multiplayer


Now the Higher Recommended Specs irk me slightly which is why I want to do some benchmarking.

What it requires is:

Quad Core Intel CPU or Hex Core AMD CPU
8GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 660 or 7870 with 3GB of VRAM
Everything else is the same

The only thing which irked me is the 3GB requirement of Video Memory, which I don't deem really needed unless you're benchmarking in super high resolutions which I'm not. I'm just going standard HD Resolutions of 1920 x 1080 which I know and have tested and concluded in many various games that doesn't really require 3GB of Video Memory. Look, standard Geforce GTX 660s and up cards carry 2GB of RAM. My GTX 680 which I hope to replace with a GTX 780 also has 2 Gigs. So I'm gonna check whether 2GB RAM is deemed playable on a GTX 680 as well as you know, standard benchmarking with different class of systems.

Now this time I've 2 rigs as shown below.
For the Laptop I'll be testing in the native resolution of 1366 x 768 and then in Full HD. Whereas for the desktop I've a couple of GPUs to play around with. I'll test in 1680 x 1050 and Full HD. I'll just keep tweaking settings here and there to see what settings I need to keep the game playable.

AFTERSHOCK X11
Core i7 3630QM
8GB RAM
2GB DDR3 nVidia GeForce GT 650M.
DESKTOP
Core i5 2500K (which will be upgraded to Core i7 2600k soon)
16GB RAM
1GB ATI Radeon 5850
2GB PNY nVidia GeForce GTX 680

Now, I won't release any figures just yet but I'll show you what settings you need to maintain a minimum 30 FPS within a heavily Multiplayer game as well as some game play footage of generally me getting owned lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment