Thursday 5 June 2014

2 Agendas: Getting Rid of Excess PC Parts and AMD Bedside Endeavor. (08-June-2014 LOG)

Now I've a tonne of things have arrived but some have to go and some I might keep. Now there are 2 Agendas there I hopefully could address ASAP.  Hopefully I can trade for some parts for a Bedside Endeavor. Well, this is all the excess stuff I got:

PART I: GETTING RID?

Parts that I have on hand. Plus an OCZ Vertex 2 that's not in the picture.
TOP: P8P67 Pro, P8P67 Deluxe which I might contemplate of switching out.
Parts I'm trying to get rid:

P8P67 Pro Motherboard
P8P67 Deluxe / P8P67M-Pro
Radeon 6850

With regards to the 6850, if you can see the images, you can see that it is quite filthy as I'm in a middle of cleaning it, but when it arrived this morning, it was a lot worse, as seen in this photograph when the seller released it. To the seller who sold it to me, I don't know how the heck this card was alive for who knows how long, but this was disgusting and I couldn't stand the amount of dust that was in it.

When it first arrived from the USA: Look how fucking filthy it is!!
And after spending a couple hours, check it out.

After cleaning, what a difference, really what a difference!

Parts I'm keeping in hand for the upcoming build:

OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 128GB
XFX Radeon 6950

PART II: Potential AMD Bedside Build

The reason why I'm keeping these parts as part of my agenda is that I want to build an AMD system intended to be used as a bedside computer. The current configuration is hooked up like so in the photograph:


Believe it or not, it's quite a bedside rig. And it's powered up by a single Laptop, that's none other than my Clevo W110ER / Aftershock X11 with a Core i7 3630QM, 8GB of RAM and a GT 650M Graphics. Now just in case you aren't caught up yet, I will be starting my Semester at LaSalle College of the Arts and chances are that the Laptop will be used as part of my school stuff so I won't probably use this further as a Bedside computer.

Now what I do need is a more permanent system to be used as a Bedside Rig, and needs to fit under my bed with a case that's no more than 8 Inches Tall with the case on its side. And meant to play games.

At this point, I really would love to have a  rig that's powered by AMD Specifically. And I have 2 of the parts here; the Radeon 6950 (1 GB Version ) and the SSD. Now I have used Sandy Bridges and Ivy Bridges, and actually Intel CPUs as a whole. AMD CPUs and Motherboards, I... never really got a chance to play with it. So now what I need are:

CPU: Specifically Phenom II X4 / X6 
Motherboard: Socket AM3 Motherboards that support Phenom IIs
RAM: I might salvage 4 or 8 Gigs from my Main Machine. See how it goes
Case: Nothing Wider or taller than 8 Inches when case is on its side.
PSU: Enough Juice to support a Radeon 6950, the CPU and a couple of drives.
Storage: Another Mechanical Drive.

So yeah, for now I need funds. If you guys have any thing you could contribute Money / Parts to my build, would appreciate if you just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment